Sunday, January 23, 2011

Race Day

Today was the final round of the World Cup series for the 2010-2011 season. The race was in the Netherlands and the weather was like where were in Belgium. HAHA It was already going to be a better race and day because I wouldn't have to get up at 5 to be on the road from the USA National house to our destination. From where we are staying, here in Brecht it is about 35 minutes to the course. So we were out the door by 8:30 and to the venue.
We jump in a hot tub time machine and we are now at 11:10, on the start line and the gun goes off (actually the light turned green). The start was a bit hairball, I started fifth row and was able to have a clean start but the guys in front of me we bouncing around and jockeying for position before we made the hard right turn and into this little drop in, onto the mud. The conditons were not super muddy but muddy enough to pit and I ended up pitting every lap because the pit exit set you up better for the corner. I had a great race, stayed upright and was able to ride impressively well on the course for my standards. I ended up being 2nd American in 40th position. With a race like today's I am feeling confident and looking forward to next weekends race.
Tomorrow is a nice easy day so let's hope the weather is go so we can go for a spin outside.
CK

No comments:

Post a Comment