Wednesday, February 8, 2012

World Champs

I have been on a bit of a relaxing break, but it's time I stop procrastinating on posting this up. The end of the season wrap up and Worlds recap.

The race was good, it could always have been better but I am happy with how the season came to a close. I got off to a great start, started 3rd row and was sitting around 30th or so going into the first long section of sand. I started settling into a rhythm rolling through on lap one and was feeling alright...but for some reason was going backwards. After lap two I was sitting around 42nd and sat there for about half a lap and then I started feeling good. Something clicked and I started riding more confidently, started to attack the sand sections, riding how I had hoped to be riding. I was starting to consistently pass guys going through each lap. With 3 laps to go I had a little bobble when I went over the bars and got a mouth full of sand, oh well, it was a quick recovery and back up and running. I ended up getting pulled with one lap to go and finished in at 36th. I had hopes of a better result but thats cool. My best result in Europe has been 34th so it would have been nice to crack that but shoulda, coulda, woulda.

This year I realized what I need to do to be competitive over in Euroland. It takes a special mindset that I don't think I have had before. Now I do. It is going to take more work to be better both here in the states and over there. Now I know. So this year was a huge stepping stone for me and looking back there is nothing I should be bummed about. I had a great season and everything is going to get better from here.

I want to send out a huge thanks to everyone that has helped to make it happen for me. All of my sponsors, the team staff, the host housing families, my teammates, my family, everyone who cheers and everyone who is a part of it!! You guys are what keep it possible!! Here's to an awesome 2012/2013 season!! Thank You

Follow on Twitter twitter.com/thekidkaiser

Elite Mens Race (Full Video) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUpwT91JRTg

No comments:

Post a Comment