Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The E.N.D. (Energy Never Dies)

Yesterday was a long and full day. I was up at 6:00 AM in Prague which was 10:00 PM here in California. Travel took me from Prague to London then onto Denver and finally to Sacramento. I got home at 10:30. So literally it was an entire day of travel.

I haven't posted in a while so an update as to how worlds went. The course in Tabor was sold ice and covered in snow. It was true bike handlers course. As a rider you needed to be patient and have good handling skills. Yet you needed to be able to put the hammer down and cover anything that was thrown at you. Pre-riding the course on Friday gave a good insight to how the course layout was but the course would change drastically Saturday morning.
Saturday morning, race day came and it had snowed the overnight and the temperature dropped and everything turned to ice again. I started on the third row and was able to get a good start and move up into the top twenty for the first lap. From there I was able to hold my position until I took a hard spill on the downhill section. I decided to take a bike to make sure everything was working good. Those two things dropped me back into the 30's and that is where I would hold it until the finish. I finished in 33rd. the race went well and this trip was an awesome experience.

So the cross season is over and it is now time to take a break for at least a week or so and then it is time to get into road and mountain bike season. So this is the end but the energy of riding never slows down. I am already looking forward to the 2010 cyclocross season and racing in the U23 category with all the rest of the Cal Giant Berry boys.
Thanks for reading and following the journey. Until next season...
Cody

No comments:

Post a Comment